Good Things To Remember

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel!
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. You have to agree that you are 'less' and that someone else is 'more' to feel inferior. If you don't agree, you cannot possibly feel inferior. You might know something less, or you might be able to do something less, but you ARE unique and hence simply incomparable.... Do not buy into being reduced to an object of comparison."

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brillant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson

Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 15th- May 21st 2011

Good things come to those who wait! On Sunday we went to my mom and sisters Stake Conference to hear a speaker we never thought we would have the opportunity to hear... my sisters husband, Mike! He was asked to share his story about how coming back to chuch has affected his life. He did an amazing job and his story touched so many people. I can't believe the changes he has made to make life better for him and his family! Yay Mike!! What a neat experience! After Mikes talk we took off and headed to visit Ryans Grandma Jamison. She is 92- soon to be 93, but doesn't seem like she's in her 90's at all! That lady is amazing and so fun to be around. Sometimes I even feel like she is my own Grandma! She treated us to a yummy turkey dinner and then we visited with her for a couple hours. Well, I got to visit with her while Ryan entertained Kailee and Ellie. I had so much fun visiting with her and listening to her stories. She gave our Ellie her baby spoon since she is named after her!! I have to write this information down just so I don't forget it...
Grandma Jamison was born June 1, 1918 in Calnavada, Nevada and grew up in Hawthorne, Nevada (a place full of sage brush, lizards and toads!). After school she moved to Utah to attend Henagers College to become a stenographer (a steno as she calls it). She lived with a lady and also worked for her to pay for her room and board. And that's how she met Grandpa Earl; he was the brother to the lady she lived with! She earned $56 a MONTH at her first job, $60 at her second and later earned $75 at another job. Crazy! I couldn't imagine living on $75 a MONTH. That's probably what our grandkids will say about our income!
Grandpa & Grandma Jamison also had a produce business in Billings Montana where they worked during the summer. Grandma worked right along with Grandpa doing things that seem only men should be doing! She absolutely loved it in Billings and wished they could have lived there, but they always had to come back so the kids could go to school. She always wanted to learn how to drive Semi-trucks too, but Grandpa Jamison wouldn't let her. She told us she had a dream that she finally learned how to drive a semi and she did very well! She showed us pictures of when she was a little girl and also her curls. Yes, her actual curls. She has saved them all these years. She said her dad was so sad when she decided she wanted to cut her hair.
Oh how fun to visit with Grandma. I hope we have many more opportunities to hear her stories!

Monday morning Ryan left to do another round of training for the Questar offices in Eastern and Southern Utah. This time he had a training partner, Tyler, who started in the dept. not too long ago. (He was also Ryans foreman in the Operations dept...) They will make a stop in Fillmore for a quick training then head to St. George for two nights. After St. George they will head to Panquitch for a few hours and then they will stay a night in Richfield. That's a lot of driving!! I had made plans with Alison to go to St. George Monday afternoon and stay for a few days, but ended up deciding to stay home. I wasn't sure how Ryan really felt about us going since he had someone with him and they had to work late. It would have been a nice change of scenery for me and the girls, but that's ok. The weather wasn't that great down there anyway. So Monday, the girls and I just hung out at home all day. While I mopped the kitchen floor Kailee kept herself busy with the dish towels. She gets them all out of the drawer and lines them up from the kitchen to the front room window. She is so creative with things to keep her busy and occupied!

It's a good thing I didn't go to St George because I was able to get the girls pictures taken for Fathers Day on Tuesday. I have been wanting to get a picture of both of them and Fathers Day was a great excuse! The girls did good and I think the pictures will be cute! It was raining when we finished with pictures so we headed home, changed into comfy clothes and stayed in for the rest of the day. Since Ellie has learned how to crawl she has started to follow me EVERYWHERE. We were all in my room folding laundry and I left to Kailee's room to put her clothes away. Ellie kept whining so I went to find her. I found her laying on her belly, head first down our big stairs. She was about three stairs down. I don't know how she stopped or why she didn't tumble all the way down, but I am glad she stopped. Poor thing. She was scared out of her mind. When I picked her up she held on to me soooo tight. Sorry baby girl.

Ryan made it back home Thursday late afternoon. Unfortunately he felt like the trip was a little pointless. They were able to do a few of the things they went for, but the main things they went for didn't happen. I say, at least he got away for a little bit. That's always kinda nice I guess.? I am still grateful he has this job. It's a lot nicer than him being out in the field all day every day and working the schedule.

No comments: