Good Things To Remember

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel!
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. You have to agree that you are 'less' and that someone else is 'more' to feel inferior. If you don't agree, you cannot possibly feel inferior. You might know something less, or you might be able to do something less, but you ARE unique and hence simply incomparable.... Do not buy into being reduced to an object of comparison."

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brillant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson

Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 8th- May 14 2011

For Mothers Day, my sweet girls, with the help of their sweet dad, gave me a decorative garden stone with each of their hand prints in it! We also had a yummy french toast breakfast! I love being a mom! I love my little baby girls. It's the best job I have ever had! It is very stressful and chaotic at times, but I wouldn't trade them for anything! I have realized something pretty interesting recently. So often I hear "a parent can't be a friend AND a parent to their child." I have recently realized I disagree with that. To me, a parent is someone who teaches their child and is an example for their child. And a friend is someone that you have fun with, the person you tell your secrets to, someone who makes you feel loved, and on and on. So to me, I want to be first a parent, but I DO want to be a friend to my girls. I want them to feel more than comfortable coming to me with concerns or problems. I want to have fun with each other.  I want to be the one to teach them the things they need to know, but I also don't just want to be their commander. I want to be their friend as well!

I am also grateful for all the mothers in my life! My mom is so giving. She is always so willing to put our needs in front of her own. She has always based her life around her girls, and I am grateful for that. I am grateful for such a wonderful mother-in-law! She is so loving and accepting of others. She always looks for the best in everyone! She has welcomed into her family with open arms. I am also grateful for my sisters and sister-in-laws! They are always there whenever I need them. They love me and they love my girls! All the mothers in my life are wonderful examples for me!

On Monday, Ryan planted the flowers for our front garden as part of my mothers day gift! It was a pretty chilly evening, but he did it with a smile on his face!!

Kailee had her first haircut on Wednesday! (Two days before her 2nd Birthday!) The back was starting to outgrow the front and the top, so I thought we would even it up a little bit. We took her to Cookie Cutters in Bountiful. I thought it would be a good place since they have little cars for the kids to sit in and movies for them to watch. At first she was upset and didn't want anything to do with it, but after she got a sucker she was A OK!! I was sooo nervous when the girl started cutting. My heart sunk and I started to wonder what in the world I was doing. It looked so very short. I thought for sure I had made a huge mistake. Ryan even seemed a little nervous about it, which made me worry even more! But it turned out cute and looks so much better!






My poor little Ellie had her first fall down the stairs on Wednesday. Kailee had some papers sitting on the floor in the kitchen. Ellie went to reach for them and when she did she fell down our three little steps. Poor kiddo! Ellie has a very distinct cry when she gets hurt (or scared)! It's more of a scream than a cry. As sad as it is, it's also kinda of funny because it's sooo stinkin cute! Sorry Ellie Belly!

On Friday, our little Kailee turned TWO. Wait, what? Two? Where in the world did two years go? I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday! But here is my little girl... talking, walking, feeding herself, running, jumping, teasing us, brushing her own teeth, choosing what she wants to eat, picking out what she wants to wear... she isn't my baby anymore, she is my little girl!! And what a sweet little girl we have! She tells us she loves us and loves to give us hugs! She loves her baby sister, her grandmas, aunts and cousins! She loves to laugh. She loves to pretend. She loves, loves, loves her daddy! She is so creative and keeps me on my toes! She points out pictures of Jesus and calls castles Temples!! I could go on and on! I sure love my little Kailee! She has changed our world!

For her special day, we opened presents first thing in the morning and then went and had her pictures taken. We had plans to go to the Zoo, but some of Ryans cousins were in town so we met them at the park for lunch instead. After the park we headed home to have a small party with Grandma Colleen, Grandma Carla, Aunt Steph, and cousins Kaden, Cody, Conner, Kloe, Anna and Katie!












Happy Birthday Baby Girl!! We love you!!

And, just because I think she is cute... here is this one! We love you too, baby girl Ellie!

2 comments:

Sovic Clan said...

I love your posts! You are always so honest about how things are with raising kids. It's not always easy, but it is so worth it. I too believe that you can be a mom and a friend. As my kids get older, I realize there are times that they need a friend and times that I am the mom.

Your girls are so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those pictures....Thanks for the nice things about mike he is amazing thats for sure! Life has been a big adventure! Im glad to have the family support that I have had! thanks for that!