Sunday was Easter...
First, the celebration of the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Second.... Easter Basket Goodies!
In Ryans basket was an airplane, a watch for work and an Easter tie. My basket was full of lots and lots of socks and candy. Kailee got a bubble gun, a kite, a movie, a couple books, and some chapstick. Ellie got a toy light up ball, a couple books, and some treats! There was also 30 candy filled plastic eggs hidden around the house that Kailee had fun finding! My mom came up in the morning and had a yummy breakfast with us. She brought us a yummy and really, really cute bacon and eggs breakfast...made of chocolate! After church we headed to Ryans moms house for a yummy dinner and another egg hunt!
Sunday was also my 31st Birthday! Ryan and the girls gave me a cute pair of Nikes more socks and a gift card for some shorts!!
This picture is hillarious! We had just woke Ellie up from her nap and Kailee was being silly...
Ryan took Monday off work and it was fun to have him home again. We spent the day running errands... actually he ran me around to run errands. Of course as soon as we got in the car and started to drive Kailee and Ellie fell asleep. So Ryan dropped me off at the stores I wanted to go to and he waited, patiently, in the car for me so the girls could sleep.
Wednesday I got the cleaning bug again so I headed for the basement! We haven't been able to see our basement floor for a reeealllly loooong time. It got to the point that I did not like to go down there cause it was hard to walk around. Anytime something needed to go in the basement, we would open the door, throw it down the stairs and close the door! Nice huh! I went downstairs around 11am and worked till about 3pm. I reorganized the cold storage and then went through lots and lots of other stuff to sort it to be put away, thrown away or taken to the DI. I was really excited about how it looked when I was finished. Another project finished started! There's still lots to do, but there has been a huge improvement made! Our house is almost de-junked! While I cleaned, Kailee played with everything and kept herself occupied and Ellie sat in her bouncer watching! Ellie was really funny. Everytime I would leave her sight she would start to cry. As soon as I came back, she would stop!! At times it was stressful, because I was trying to hurry to get as much done as I could. Other times I just had to laugh because she learns something new every single day. I am glad that she loves me and doesn't want me to leave her, even for a second!
Before we headed to the basement Kailee wanted me to do her hair, like this:
I worked on the basement till about 3:00ish then I had to hurry and get cleaned up to get to Activity Days. Ryan got off work early so he could be home to watch the kids while I was gone. Libby Bailey was in charge of the activity this time and she had the girls make cute little foam purses. It's funny to watch the girls do projects. Some of them rush through the project as fast as they can and end up doing it completely wrong, others are so distracted by what the others are doing they barely start theirs and then some others do the very best they can and even ask for help to make sure they get it just right. We are all soooo different! This is definitely teaching me patience to let them do it how they want.
By the end of the week I think Kailee was starting to get cabin fever and wanted to leave the house. All day long Friday she kept saying Bye-Bye. Over and over. Poor kid. I was so focused on getting things done around the house I neglected her a little bit. When Ryan got home he called Jolie to see if she could go over there to play with Katie for a little while so she could get out to have some interaction! We dropped Kailee off to play with Katie and then the rest of us headed to Old Navy at the Gateway Mall. Kailee absolutely loves her cousins and has so much fun being with them. Ryan and I appreciate our families being willing to take the girls whenever we ask.
On Saturday we got up early, had breakfast and then headed to Tawnies house for a Boutique she was having. Of course we had to buy a few of her peanut butter bars! We are addicted to those treats and I get excited anytime I hear she is making them!! After the boutique I was planning to get back down in the basement to finish it up, but we just couldn't get the motivation. We went down there later in the evening, went through some clothes we had stored down there and made our "keep, DI, or give away" piles. Then we loaded up the car with the stuff we were getting rid of and headed out to deliver it all. We didn't get a lot done, but it was nice to get that stuff taken care of. Every little bit helps!!
On Saturday we noticed Ellie starting to army crawl!! She is also starting to talk and it sounds like she is saying Maammaa and Daadaa!!
Kailee's new favorite thing to say is "I want (insert item of choice) pwease?" She says it to be polite to ask for something, but she also says it to beg for whatever she wants. She is learning that if she asks for something and we tell her no, if she says "pweeease" she usually gets it! How can we reisist? She is too cute! She is also starting to answer our questions with a very excited "YES!" I always say this, but it is so fun to watch her learn new things and put her world together!!
2 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday! Your girls are so cute!!
I miss you guys. I need to hug my baby grand daughters. So cute.
Post a Comment