Good Things To Remember

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel!
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. You have to agree that you are 'less' and that someone else is 'more' to feel inferior. If you don't agree, you cannot possibly feel inferior. You might know something less, or you might be able to do something less, but you ARE unique and hence simply incomparable.... Do not buy into being reduced to an object of comparison."

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brillant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson

Sunday, April 3, 2011

March 27th- April 2nd 2011

Sunday morning I put Ellie in her papasan chair so she could hang out with me while I worked on Kailee's quilt a little more. After a little bit I looked down to check on her and I found her sitting up. It's a good thing I had her buckled in or she would have found herself laying face first on the floor, probably with a nice bump on the head! Cute kid!

Lately we have found 1:00pm church to be difficult. Monday thru Friday I put Kailee down for a nap around 1pm, but with church starting at 1pm we can't do that. Kailee + no nap = major grumpiness. So this week when Kailee woke up grumpy and continued to be grumpy we decided we would just go for a drive and let her sleep. We took the back roads through Layton, Kaysville and Farmington looking at all the nice new neighbors looking for a place where we would like to live. We ended with driving through the Bountiful hills. We drove and drove and drove while Kailee slept. This week, it was a lot better than dealing with her grumpiness!

Wednesday night I finally finished Kailee's quilt. It was difficult to do and I am glad I am finished. I do have to say though, it turned out pretty cute! Now we just need to finish painting the molding and decorate!! Wahoo. Almost done!

Thursday, Kailee went to her last dance class for the summer. Now that it is starting to get a little warmer and we can be outside a little more, I decided we would stop the class till fall. It was fun to watch her get excited to sing the songs and dance and I know she will enjoy it even more later!

On Friday Ryan surprised me and came home early. It was such a nice day so we took the kids over to the park for a little bit. I am soooo glad it is starting to warm up. It's nice to be able to go outside and play. And it was nice that Ryan was able to leave work so he could come with us! While we were at the park we noticed Kailee wasn't as active as she normally is and she started to lose her voice. She went down the slide a few times and was trying to have fun, but we could tell she wasn't feeling well. She kept getting worse throughout the day so I decided to take her to the Dr. to see if she had croup. She was so cute while the nurse and then the Dr. listened to her lungs and checked her ears and throat. They said she probably did have croup, but it wasn't too bad. They sent us home with a prescription just in case it got worse over the next few days. It is so sad to see Kailee sick. Hopefully it will go away quickly without spreading to the rest of us!


Ryan spent most of Saturday putting the swingset together and Kailee spent most of the day helping him! That girl just loves to be outside and loves to help us with whatever we are doing. I spent most of the day inside being lazy with Ellie. Ryan worked quickly and got a good portion of it done, then it started to rain. The instructions say it takes between 8 to 10 hours with 2 people working on it. Ryan is good with stuff like that though, so hopefully it won't take that long!

And, just because they are cute here's this picture!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A swing set! How fun. And those babies are soooooo cute! Grumpy or not. :)