Good Things To Remember

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel!
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. You have to agree that you are 'less' and that someone else is 'more' to feel inferior. If you don't agree, you cannot possibly feel inferior. You might know something less, or you might be able to do something less, but you ARE unique and hence simply incomparable.... Do not buy into being reduced to an object of comparison."

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brillant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson

Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 5th- February 11th 2012

What a week!

On Sunday we were actually going to be on time for church until Kailee decided she wanted to exercise her 2 year old rights. She wanted to wear her big, fluffy, pink pettiskirt again and Ryan didn't want her to. Then, she didn't want to get her hair done and I didn't want her to leave the house with her bed head. Needless to say, we ended up being late, Ryan and I were frustrated and Kailee was as sad as could be. Not how we wanted the morning to go. Later in the evening, Ryan and I talked about it and admitted that we should have just let her choose what to wear and then the whole problem with her hair most likely wouldn't have occured! Afterall, it's not like she wanted to wear her sweat pants! She just wanted to wear a skirt that twirled. Thanks hindsight! We learned our lesson. Sorry Kailee, we are learning how to be parents. Sorry you have to be our trial kid.

Lately I feel like the days are so very difficult. It seems like we all wake up happy, the mornings are good, the kids play together well, I have motivation to get things accomplished and then mid-day, everything falls apart. The girls start fighting over everything, crying and screaming and I lose my patience. They typically take a nap around 1pm, but I am starting to think they need their naps at 11am! Ugh. Monday and Tuesday were really difficult. I am thinking I need to make some changes in our daily schedule. I can't keep having days like this.  

For the past few months Kailee has been telling me that she wants to go to dance class. Ryan and I talked about it and decided that I would try to find one. So Monday I spent the day calling around getting info on the local studios. Tuesday night I took Kailee to try a dance class at Touch of Class. Kailee was so excited to go and even told me that she was going to go class by herself and then I would come back and pick her up. She seemed like she was actually going to do it too. But then we got inside the studio and she got nervous and didn't want me to leave. After a while in the class she started to leave my side and participate a little bit, but she still wanted me right there. After going to class and checking out the instructors, I am not sure about that studio. I think we will keep looking.
  
Wednesday was a busy, busy day for us. Kailee had preschool at Carlee and Kyson Hoggans house. They talked about the weather and made a picture with the clouds, raindrops, the sun and snow. Every time I drop her off I am not sure how I feel. I walk her to the door, help her take off her coat and shoes, tell her I love her and send her in. She walks away, turns back around and smiles at me and then continues on. I love that she is now so comfortable staying without me. But I can't help but feel like she is growing too fast. She is starting to find her independence.

As soon as Ryan got home he took me over to the church for Activity Days. Libby was in charge of the activity, which was on the 1st Article of Faith. We spent the majority of the time repeating it and trying to memorize it. It is an easy one so I hope the girls took it seriously and actually learned it. At the end of the activity we decorated Valentines cookies. When the activity was over, Ryan and the girls picked me up and we headed to the popcorn store. We rushed to get it cleaned within 45min and then rushed home to drop Ryan off. I took Kailee over to the Jazz Dancer Studio to try another dance class. This time the instructor had me stay in the waiting area and took Kailee and another new girl by the hand and led them to their class. Cute, cute, cute. I sat in the waiting area with Ellie and talked with the mom of the other new little girl and a mom who has two kids enrolled at the studio. It was so fun to talk with them and I was surprised that I was actually able to do that. I am usually more comfortable sitting in my own little corner all by myself. These two ladies were so fun and easy to talk with. And that was for sure more fun than sitting by myself. Ellie was so good the whole time too. She sat on my lap most of them time and then towards the end got down and started to roam around. Thank you Ellie for helping to make it a pleasant time waiting for Kailee. While we were at dance, Ryan went to Young Mens. They had a call-a-thon to raise money for the Friends of Souting. All the leaders had a list of ward members that had contributed in the past years and they were to call them to see if they were interested in donating again. Interesting activity, but whatever. Ryan is really trying hard to do better with his calling, so I am glad he had a good attitude about it and went and participated.

After Kailee's dance we headed to the church so I could have an interview to get my temple recommend renewed. When I got there, Ryan was busy on the phone, so I took the girls in with me. Wow! What and experience. I swear sometimes people look at me with my two little girls, who are 17 months apart, and wonder why in the world I have kids! Sometimes I feel so out of control! As soon as we got in the office Kailee wanted my chair, Ellie wanted the other chair and both would get upset and cry if I tried to sit down, then Ellie fell off of her chair and started to cry, and Kailee was upset about something else and was being loud. It was an interesting experience to say the least. Pretty soon Ryan came and knocked at the door to get the kids. But thankfully we were finishing up. We made it home around 8:30pm just in time to get the girls in their pjs and calmed down for bed!

Wednesday night/ Thursday morning Kailee woke up and came in to our bed. She kept saying that her belly hurt and she didn't want to throw up. Ryan took her downstairs and shortly after I heard her start crying and then she threw up. I ended up taking her and laying on the couch with her the rest of the night. She only woke up a couple more times to throw up and then slept the rest of the night.

 Ryan and Ellie were up pretty early, but Kailee and I slept in till after 8am. Once she woke up she seemed to be feeling better. I don't know if it was all in my head, or just being up most of the night, but I woke up feeling really crummy. Ryan had called in late, but eventually ended up just staying home. I am certainly glad he did because I don't think I could have survived at home with the girls by myself. 

Friday we went to Jolies house for a Birthday Brunch for Colleen. She served crepes with a variety of toppings. It was seriously so good. I had four and I still wanted more. I love Jolies parties. There is always good food and great company! Ryan even stopped by for a little bit to eat, hang out with us and wish his mom a happy birthday!

Late Friday night/ Saturday morning, I heard Ellie crying (which is very normal for her) so I went to get her and found her and her bed covered in throw up. Great. Ryan woke up while I was getting a bath ready for her and got up to help. He cleaned up the bedroom and got everything into the washer while I bathed her. After throwing up a few more times, she seemed to be feeling a little better and started to play with her toys. It was so sweet to watch her sit and play in the middle of the night after feeling so sick. Ryan was generous and offered to stay up with her while I went back to sleep. I feel so lucky to have such a great husband who is such a great father. He truly makes our marriage a partnership. I never have to do anything alone. I am grateful he loves me enough to want to make life easier for me! Thank you Ryan!

Even after getting very little sleep, Ryan and Kailee headed out to help my mom pick up her tile for her house. He had to make two trips, to get all of it, 52 boxes total. Hard work, but he did it and didn't complain at all! There he goes again, trying to make life easier for other people! I am glad he is there and willing to help. While they were gone, Ellie and I stayed home to STERLIZE the house. I cleaned the bedrooms, both bathrooms, washed the bedding, cleaned downstairs and wiped down everything with clorox wipes. I worked all day and finally got it mostly done around 5pm. Now I just hope the bug has finished its rounds in our house and won't come back. We have definitely had enough. We finally decided we needed to get out of the house for a little bit so we took a drive to Costco in hopes that the girls would both fall asleep. When we got there, both girls were asleep so Ryan ran in and I relaxed in the car and enjoyed the peace and quiet.On our way home we stopped at Sports Authority and Dicks so Ryan could check out some running shoes, then headed home for the night. While Ryan got the girls ready for bed I quickly mopped the kitchen floor and vacuumed downstairs. The house felt clean again and hopefully the bugs are gone for good!

Now we are hoping for a good nights rest!

No comments: