Good Things To Remember

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel!
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. You have to agree that you are 'less' and that someone else is 'more' to feel inferior. If you don't agree, you cannot possibly feel inferior. You might know something less, or you might be able to do something less, but you ARE unique and hence simply incomparable.... Do not buy into being reduced to an object of comparison."

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brillant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson

Sunday, March 6, 2011

February 27th- March 5th 2011

Kailee had her first binky relapse Saturday night. Around 4am Kailee ended up in our bed. Shortly after, Ellie woke up so I grabbed her out of her bassinet and put her in bed with us too. A little while later, Ellie woke up fussing so I started fumbling around trying to find her binky to help her get back to sleep. Ryan woke up while I was trying to find it and got up to turn a light on.When I turned around to look in the bed I found it... in Kailee's mouth. She was sound asleep, sucking on the binky!! I am sure it was just second nature to her. She woke up, felt a binky next to her and put it in her mouth. We laughed and I took it from her and gave it back to Ellie. Haha, nice try Kailee!

Kailee did really well in nursery again this week! Yay! I think she is getting used to seeing the same kids and the same teachers every week. It's a bonus that she likes to sing, play games, color and catch bubbles!
She was so cute in Sacrament too! Every time there was a prayer said she would fold her arms, bow her head and close her eyes! Of course, she would frequently peek to see if everyone else had their heads down and eyese closed too! We have never actually shown Kailee what to do when a prayer is said... she learned it just from watching us and those around her. It has really shown me that she is a little sponge! Better be careful huh?!

Ellie is really becoming a little mommys girl. She is starting to cling to me and mostly only wants to be with me. Considering Kailee would rather be with her dad, I am more than excited that at least one child is a mommys girl, even if it is only for now! Ellie makes the cutest, little sad face when someone approaches her that she isn't familiar with. Her bottom lip turns under and she looks so sad. If someone takes her from me she lets out the cutest, little scream!! Too cute!!

This week seemed REALLY LOOOONG. For some reason both girls were miserable all week long. I don't think they did anything but cry all day, every day. Gotta love it. It's funny though, I would so much rather deal with two grumpy kids for 8 + hours than have to go to work.

Saturday Ryan treated me to a trip to American Fork to go to some shops that I had been wanting to check out. After getting the house cleaned, we all headed out and spent the afternoon eating, shopping and eating some more. Saturday was also our date night so around 8:30pm we dropped the girls off at Jolies and went to Kneaders to eat some more. Before picking up the kids we took a drive through Bountiful to check out the huge homes!! I love looking at homes. I love it even more when people leave their blinds open and lights on so I can look in to see how they have them decorated. :).  It was definitely a much needed day/night and was so nice to get out. It must have been much needed for the girls too because they were both as happy as can be all day too!  

Can't forget to mention... Ellie turned 5 months old on Saturday! She now rolls from her back to her tummy, she is eating cereal, and she is the most patient and calm little girl. She spends most of her days hanging out on the floor keeping herself entertained. She is a happy little girl most of the time too. She gets the biggest smile on her face and giggles when we talk to her and play with her. Kailee has watched me help Ellie roll over a few times and she now thinks it is her job to help her. When Ellie is laying on her Kailee will get down with her say "want to roll over", grab her side and roll her over. She sure is a good little helper! Now if I can just teach her to be gentle with little Ellie! 


Kailee started to speak in full sentences this week. We were sitting at the table one morning eating breakfast and she looked out the window and said as clear as can be "there is snow out there!" I couldn't help but chuckle and give her a hug. Later in the week she kept saying, "I want juice more, I want juice more." Cute kid! I love to see how much she is learning every day.

Just because I think she is cute...

I have mentioned many times that Kailee loves to clean when I am cleaning. Here she is in action!
(I wasn't cleaning the wall with windex, but she thought she would.)

No comments: