Good Things To Remember

People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel!
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. You have to agree that you are 'less' and that someone else is 'more' to feel inferior. If you don't agree, you cannot possibly feel inferior. You might know something less, or you might be able to do something less, but you ARE unique and hence simply incomparable.... Do not buy into being reduced to an object of comparison."

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brillant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson

Friday, September 18, 2009

Simple Randomness!


I don't know why, but this has been on my mind today....

I am a music lover! I love to listen to music and read the lyrics.

One of my favorite Hymns is 'Because I Have Been Given Much'. When we were young, after church my mom would play the piano and Steph and I would sing along. My mom would always play this song and I loved it. Just a few years ago I was sitting in Sacrament singing this song and I realized what this song was about. Now I really love this song. At first it just reminded me of my mom playing the piano and us singing along and now I love the simple message too...


Because I have been given much, I too must give; Because of thy great bounty Lord, each day I live, I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see who has the need of help from me.

Because I have been sheltered fed by thy good care, I cannot see anothers lack and I
not share, my glowing fire, my loaf of bread, my roofs safe shelter over-head, that he too may be comforted.

Because I have been blessed by thy great love, dear Lord, I'll share thy love again
according to thy word. I shall give love to those in need, I'll show that love by word and deed: thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed.


What a good message. When we are blessed and given more than enough, why not share and make someone else's life a little easier too?


Another good song.... 'Lucky' by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait. No, not a Hymn, but still a good song! Here's the chorus:

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend. Lucky to have been where I have been.
Lucky to be coming home again.

They don't know how long it takes. Waiting for a love like this. Every time we say goodbye I wish we had one more kiss. I'll wait for you I promise you, I will.

Lucky we're in love in every way. Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed. Lucky to be coming home someday.


There are so many times these days you hear people breaking up their marriage because 'they just feel like best friends'. I know, everyone is different, but I am grateful to be married to my best friend. To be with someone who loves me for who I am and who I love for who he is. I love coming home to 'my best friend' every day!

Okay, ramble, ramble, ramble. I'm done for now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very sweet. Loved reading it and I will be singing Because I have been given much the rest of the night.
great song. Thanks for sharing!!!

CJ said...

Laura and Ryan,
I love the two of you soooo much. I am so glad you are best friends.
You have a beautiful start in life and I pray the best for you every day. (just like I do for my other kids)
Love you always,
Mom
xoxox

Anonymous said...

I always find myself crying in church when I hear the kids get up a sing when mike went the last time he looked at me like "what in the world is wrong with my wife" It always is a great time for me to hear them sing the church songs to remind me to be more CHILD like! I really love that church song And will haev to listen to the other: I wrote down one of the sections to the second song to share with mike I loved it!

Jolie said...

Kailee is so cute!!! We love having her come stay with us! Love reading your blog! Couldn't agree more that there is nothing better than being married to your best friend- to love each other and think of each other first no matter what! We love you guys so much!

About Us said...

I love both of these songs too! Because I have been given much is one of my fav songs! Thanks for sharing!